You give a lot and get a lot in return
At Wieland, “We” is written in capital letters. You work in an environment of thinkers and doers—where you can feel comfortable and achieve your goals. If you so desire, even globally.
Wieland is worth it.
We are passionate about our semi-finished copper and copper alloy products. But they are also – we must admit – a lot of work for those who research, cast, manufacture, sell, plan or organize them. As with any of us, once in a while, you will ask yourself: “Why am I doing this?”
And to make sure that you can come up with not just one, but many ways to answer this, we have put together a big package full of advantages that you can benefit from. This package will ensure that with all the work copper creates for us, you won’t be neglecting your family, free time or your health.
Live a balanced life
Make everyday life easier
You can only bring your best self to work, if everything is running smoothly at home, if the kids are taken care of and you have time for yourself and your family and friends. We have a lot of different support options available to ensure that you have a good work-life balance.
For parents and children
- Holiday care for employee children with a diverse program
- Kindergarten spots in daycare centers for our “Kupferzwerge” (Copper Gnomes) in Ulm and Vöhringen
- Support in coming back to work after having a child, e.g. with a part-time position
- Participation in the continuing education program while on parental leave
- Christmas presents for all employee children up to the age of 16
For leisure time and household
- Healthy, nutritious meals in the canteens, also available as take-away
- Health program with many fitness and relaxation classes
Time is valuable
To have more time for family and hobbies, to be able to find an optimal work-life balance, it helps to have some scheduling flexibility. We make this possible with our flex-time models and time accounts.
Flexible work time
- Weekly work time of 37 hours (plus breaks) for full-time employees covered by collective agreements
- Flex-account for overtime which can be used as time off later on
- Many other work time models, e.g. part-time jobs or job sharing
Wieland work time account
By converting work time and transferring your gross pay, you can acquire a work time credit for the future. This gives you the ability – in coordination with your supervisor – to temporarily reduce your work time fully or in part. For example, for building a house, a longer trip or continuing education. You can finance this period with your credit from the work time account by setting your pay at a value between 70 and 100 percent. This acquired credit can also go toward earlier retirement.
Health is everything
Our daily life poses many challenges. Regardless of whether you have a mentally challenging job or work in physically demanding shift operations, we will help you stay healthy. We have put together a comprehensive program to achieve this.
Exercise, relaxation and nutrition
- Healthy and nutritious food in our canteens – also available for take-away
- Nutrition consultations offered by the company health insurance
- Vitality program with a focus that changes each month
- More favorable terms at local gyms in all of our German locations
- Individual and holistic training in our vitality workshop with personal trainers
- Additional individual or group training sessions (45 minutes long) can also be booked
- Our own sports teams run by our colleagues and for our colleagues to join
- Fitness program for trainees (exercise, nutrition, relaxation, mental health, ergonomics and addiction prevention)
- Exercise and relaxation classes offered by our company health insurance
Mind, body, and soul
- Health screenings, preventative health exams, vaccinations and medical care in acute cases by our company physicians
- Physiotherapy on site
- Early detection and prevention of mental illnesses (workshops, trainings, psychosomatic consultation)
- Addiction prevention and help in high-risk cases or in case of addiction by our addiction intervention group
- Premium week for long-term employees
- Bonus model for night-shift workers which includes an active week at select health resorts
Dedication is well compensated
When the numbers match up, work is twice the fun. This not only applies to our financials, but also to your bank account. We reward performance with particularly attractive compensation, and you can also share in the company’s success.
The four components of your monthly earnings
Your base salary depends on the requirement-dependent classification in a Wieland pay category (WEG). The classification in a WEG is the same for all employees covered by a collective agreement.
As a collective agreement employee, you will receive a personal performance bonus which is based on the annual review provided by your supervisor.
As an employee receiving an incentive wage (bonus wage), your base wage is supplemented by a performance component which is determined based on your performance targets.
Your profit-sharing has a monthly and annual component. The monthly lump sum is based on the respective pay category (WEG) and represents the minimum profit sharing.
The annual one-time payment depends on company performance and is determined based on Wieland Group’s results from ordinary business activities.
We offer a workplace with a future
In a team whose strong cohesion is characterized by mutual readiness to help, trust and mutual support. In a position that gives you the chance to grow and expand your potential with challenging and varied responsibilities.
Make copper the focus of your work life. Together, we will bring out the best in copper.